Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Last Fall


When I moved in at the end of last summer I didn't have a lot of time to do any major work.  I did however take on a couple of jobs.  The previous owners had a fire pit made out of red fire bricks placed haphazardly in a circle.  My partner and I really enjoy camp fires and decided that we needed to replace these ugly bricks and create a nice laid out pit for us to enjoy.  We went out and bought coventry stones to replace the fire bricks.  Now we have an eye pleasing fire pit to enjoy night after night.  We had several fires over the fall and some during the winter.  S'mores, grill-a-snacks, and spider dogs were cooked over the fire. 

The Old Fire PitOur New Fire Pit

I also inherited some money and decided to put it towards a new BBQ.  Since living in the apartment for so long I had been unable to BBQ (other than lugging the camping grill down to the park - which I did once a month).  When I moved into the new house my parents brought me my old BBQ that I had when I was in school that they had been storing for me in their garage for years.  I was excited to have a BBQ again but at the same time felt like I needed a larger grill.  This became increasing apparent when I tried to do a beer can chicken on the old grill but could not close the lid because it was too high.  When I inherited the money I immediately went out and bought a Napoleon Prestige Series I Grill with an infrared side searer.  It is by far my favourite appliance I own.   Some of the things I have made on the grill so far include rotisserie turkey for thanksgiving, rotisserie prime rib roast with roasted root veg, beef dip with roasted garlic and onions, steaks, and much more.  
The Old BBQOur New BBQ

I can't wait to see what I get up to this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment